Support outstanding students who have experienced financial difficulties to continue their studies and raising their competitiveness as well as contributing to the cultivation of talent in and for the country of Vietnam.
Students from our selected schools who fulfil the criteria below are eligible to apply for our scholarship program. Each year our foundation will announce a list of schools on our website.
Evaluation Criteria and documents requirement
Below are the main criteria with which our foundation conducts the review of applications. Apart from the indicated supporting documents, all applicants should submit the documents listed below in order to complete their application.
- Scholarship application forms in both English and Vietnamese.
- A motivation Letter in English.
- Other supporting documents or rewards if any.
|Items||Assessment criteria||Supporting Documents|
|1||Academic and conduct performance||Having good conduct, above average study results: Scoring 7 points and above in study, 8.0 points and above in conduct for the last year, and being recommended by teachers.||Academic and conduct transcripts in the last semester (certified by the school).|
|2||Financial conditions||Disadvantaged family conditions (working while studying, having to help family expenses, etc.)||Certificate of poor/near-poor/disadvantaged household|
|3||Spirit of striving for betterment||Having patience and perseverance, the spirit of striving for personal betterment and optimism for advancement.||2 reference letters from teachers|
|4||Spirit of community service||Having gratitude to parents, loving friends, and desire to help other people.||Certificate of social services*|
- If having participated in social community service organized by their school, they shall have the school’s certification; or if having participated outside school organization, they shall have the certification from that charity organization, association, etc.
Process of Operation
Each year the selected universities conduct the preliminary review of student applications. After that, LSTF will conduct another round of review (including a document review and interview) in order to determine the final list of scholarship recipients. Whether or not students receive our scholarship in the second semester depends on the documents submitted. The chart below highlights this process.
- Schools will submit a list of students together with their applications to our foundation within one month of receiving notification. After the indicated period, applications will not be accepted.
According to the assessment and review, our foundation distributes the indicated amount below to students.
- Each university/college student is given a monthly scholarship of VND 1,400,000 for 2 semesters totalling 10 months equivalent to VND 14,000,000.
- Each high school student is given a monthly scholarship of VND 700,000 for 2 semesters totalling 9 months equivalent to VND 6,300,000.
- Other scholarships are set according to each school’s unique circumstances.
- Scholarship recipients are requested to open bank accounts at Vietcombank; the foundation shall remit the monthly scholarship into their bank accounts.
- Scholarship recipients shall have responsibilities to participate in activities organized by the foundation and shall not be absent without reasonable excuse.
- Students, who have already received scholarships from other organizations, shall not apply for a scholarship from the foundation except for those with exceptional circumstances.
- The Executive Board of the LSTF has the right to adjust the numbers of scholarship and the respective amount of each.
Till now (December 2019), LSTF has awarded 6,084 numbers of scholarship with a value of more than VND 45.3 billion (about USD 2,248,930) through seventeen scholarship ceremonies. According to our follow-up research, these students continue performing well and graduate at a rate of 100%. Among them, there are high school students going abroad for further education and those that continued their studies at leading universities in Vietnam. For instance, Vo Hiep Thanh studied at Luong Van Chanh High School in Phu Yen province and has won the Olympic gold medal of the Southern provinces in 2017 and 2018 as well as the second prize of the 2019 National HSG.
With regard to students from colleges and universities, many have successfully graduated from schools and embarked on their careers in well-known companies. Some have received our scholarship and continued to pursue their master/PhD studies abroad. Many scholarship recipients from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Ho Chi Minh City have been retained by the school to receive further training in order to become lecturers or master's students. Mr Phan Cong Chien has previously received our and currently serves as a Resident Doctor/ General Practitioner.